Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Fendi and Gees Bend

Italian Designer Family (Fendi) inspires Gees Bend style denim quilt.

 Inspired by thsi amazing pattern from Fendi's Spring 2014 collection I found on styelbistro.com
I started graphing out the pattern and started thinking about how to use it in a quilt. At the same time, I've been enamored with the work of Gees Bend ladies lately and figured it was time to dive into my fairly large collection of denim scraps gathered from my old torn bluejeans over the years.


The denim quilts of Gees Bend really sing and I love the weight of denim.  
And I have lots of denim and am striving this year to work with at least some fabric I already have! 

 Jan Berry's image of a 2008 image of Gees Bend Quilt exhibition.  

I recently watched the Quiltmakers of Gees Bend on PBS and was even more impressed with the rich tradition and community these women have cultivated.  

So I'm working on pattern design and contemplating which fabric to pair with all my denim! 

No comments: